From: "Johnl" <john@xxxx>
To: "Chrysler 300 Club e-mail" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Wayne Graefen Medical Update

> For those of you following Wayne Graefen's medical condition I can offer
the following as I'm in ongoing phone contact with he and Chris:

> Wayne is now in Rochester, Minn. at the Mayo Clinic and surgery was
performed on his right leg Tuesday the 17th. This was a procedure where two
pieces of a cadaver bone were attached to his existing bone and three
stainless cables were used to hold it all together. This was done as the
original surgery done earlier this year after his break has not gone well
and the bones are not mending.

> The surgeon has told him there is a 70 to 80% success rate with this
procedure. If by chance this does not make everything heal up the next
option is to remove the hip, femur and knee and replace all with stainless
steel. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

> Wayne's spirits are good and he hopes to be returning home to Kerrville,
Texas in a few days. They will be driving so he is not sure exactly how
long it will take as he doesn't know how long he will be able to ride per
day. He ask that you do not send e-mail to him as he will be bombarded with
existing messages already there. Once he is home he will advise all of you.
Also he ask for your support and prayers through this ongoing process.