Core hole expansion type plug

I have used the mechanically expanding copper plugs that are marketed by
Dorman and NAPA with great success. There is also a rubber item that is very
much prone to failure; should only be used in dire emergency. The expanding
copper plugs are used in place of cup type core plugs and not the dish type
that you hit with a hammer and ball end tool to seat. How about No. 1
Permatex to seal, just in case?

Copper plugs in NAPA book are rated 3000 psi for copper plugs and 50 psi for
rubber. I remember 200 psi for copper in Dorman catalog. NAPA catalog
misprint? I think so. Carry rubber plugs for emergencies?

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ