RE: 68 300

Hi Group,

It's a shame that the attitude of a few people get to some. It has to be remembered that this club has the same fallibility as any group or organization in the country, it draws from the general population of the country. In the case of this club, the world population! From feeble beginnings of less than twenty members, this list-server has grown to over three hundred, maybe much more. If 10% of the population are jerks, snobs or whatever, by definition there should be at least thirty on this list-server. Factor in they're all Chrysler lovers and that still leaves about fifteen. Anyone who leaves this list-server or club because of those few is the looser. It is absolutely the best medium for help in restoring ANY Chrysler from the '50's or '60's. I still have letters in my file from fifteen years ago asking George about paint codes. It probably took a month between my writing and mailing to get an answer back. Put the same question to the list-server today and you've probably got six correct answers by the time you go to bed!

Is there an attitude towards letter cars in this club? Of course, as Andy says, it's a letter car club! Does that leave people with sport 300's or Windsors out in the cold, no! If you owned a Plymouth Satellite, would you join a Dodge Charger club? I don't think so! Yet, mechanically they are much closer to each other that 99% of the sport 300's or regular Chryslers are to letter cars. Is the club political? Yup! Do some people cop attitudes at meets, Yup! - Laughable thing about that is they're generally the people who have the least right to do so! Should that bother anybody ? Please! I count some of the members of this club amongst my best friends. Look what I'd be missing if I allowed those few to get under my skin. When you quit a group or club like this because of a them, then they become the winners.

Just some thoughts

300ly

Russ Vaughan