RE: [Chrysler300] 68 300

My apologies but I can't resist. I was there at the beginning of this club.
My father and brother were among the founders of this group of people and I
remember the excitement they ALL exhibited as well as wonderment that there
were other people out there interested in preserving these cars. They were
actually astonished because for many years they had all worked privately
thinking they were the only ones who loved these brutes.

Is this a club for letter cars? Yes, that's never been hidden in the dark.
We are open and up-front about it. The purpose of the club is preservation
and education of the letter cars but over the years it has become so much
more, as any club should do if it is to grow and remain viable. I believe
the camaraderie exhibited at the meets and on the list server more than
explains what this club is about.

On the other side of this coin, you only get out of something what you are
willing to put into it. If you feel you are going to be shunned because you
are inferior, then you have created an aria of being unapproachable and you
will get exactly what you expected.

To think you have to own a letter car to be a viable member of this club is
absurd. My husband and I hosted the fall meet last year and we didn't own a
300 of ANY kind at that time. The only real restrictions with this club
that I know of are you cannot be an officer or consultant if you don't own
one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. That doesn't mean you can't
come to the meets, host a meet, participate on the list server or enjoy the
club.

Elizabeth Dupin Wieland