300 C carby needle trap

Since my query re my 300 C cutting out on turns (thanks for detail re fixing, but a/the diagram labelling carby parts/sections would also be great?) - it cut out completly - this just on starting - usually firing up ok, but then dying. Few pumps on throttle - it would restart, then die.

The problem - when I had fitted new needles (the triangular brass rubber tipped ones) - stupid me had not noted there are two matching holes that the steel of (needle) retainer should go through one of, depending which side you put it (the needle) from.
I had just slipped the retainer portion over the flat of the float 'tang'(?) - the clue this was wrong was on removing top to find 'why no go', that two sides of the needle were now shiny, showing they were binding, misaligned - this why float jammed, did not allow fuel in, and car stopped.

Don't know if anyone else has been as dumb as me, but hope this helps avoid others doing this if unaware? Temperature here yesterday 42 celcius, car started and ran perfectly, gee those 300 Cs are sweet to drive, make my 57 Tbird seem a bit boring, bit mundane.

aussie christopher

Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail