300G convertible - Greg Groom resto

http://hem.passagen.se/newport/

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the above link, and for remindidng me what a Flintstone car that
300G convertible was when I sold it to Greg Groom ! I did my part at the
beginning, rebuilt the cylinder heads, took care of mechanicals, brakes,
etc.. and put a new black top on it... Greg actually flew in, hopped in
this old rusty car, and drove it from my house all the way to Boston, at
night, with no problems !

My rationale, as far as selling the car to Greg , was that he'd actually DO
something about it, and not procrastinate and let the car rot away any more.
He did not disappoint me ! Thanks to him, this is now a beautiful 300G
convertible, well restored, even though maybe not to 300 Club standards,
but not everyone cares about that. It speaks for the quality of Greg's
work, in that this specific car was actually chosen by the New York Times,
over all the other fine automobiles that were there, for their "cover shot"
for the article about Barrett Jackson !

Just in case anyone wondered, this was NOT an "888" black interior car. It
had been reupholstered in black before I purchased it - cheap vinyl job. .
Greg did the right thing by redoing the interior in its original tan color.
And, it's real, real hard to argue against "Auction Red" .... the car is
stunning...

John