Re: [Chrysler300] carb set up

Ben Meisner wrote:

> Hi Gang
> O.K.... once again, I need some advice.
> The motor for the "E" is nearing completion, and I'm setting up the carbs..
two, inline four barrels....question...are the carbs to be set up so they
run progressively, or do they operate simultaneously?
> Thanking you all in advance for your assistance
> Ben Meisner

The Oil companies WOULD LOVE you to hook them up simultaneously, and the car
should run REAL good that way, BUT the factory had them set up progressive.
I know, I made that sort of "mistake" with my C when I rebuilt the motor
(for water jacket problems) back in the 70's. Loads of fun but even then
expensive. There is a hookup that will allow for a little or a lot of
leeway in the setting. My first efforts allowed the front carb to open
up about 35mph, once I corrected things, then it would start to open at
about 65mph. Of course, all that pertained to when I was taking it easy on the
"Go Fast" pedel, once you mash it, all bets were off. Varoom and That Sucking
gobs of air sound meant all 8 barrels were wide open. :-)
--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6