300C choke assembly

Hi all,

Would anybody on the list have information on the carb choke assembly on the 390hp models with the 4 bolt exhausts.
The engineering/spec report for these models says "their is no provision for manifold heat incorporated in the special package exhaust manifold".
So now I have a choke assembly on my rear carb leading to nowhere. I beleive this carb is original to the car & 390 package, but it looks real weird hanging there doing nothing. Is this the way the factory left them? Or should I remove the choke from the rear carb?

Also if anyone has factory under hood pics of the 390 package, I would be really interested in seeing them.

Thanks for any help
Owen