C300 Gauges part 2.1

Thank you all for your help! I think who ever did the rewire on my car did
not have all the "friends in the business" that I have. My car does now
have one of those after market harnesses, but all the wires are black, and
the job was poorly done. The darn fuse box is mounted upside-down, making
it even harder to locate stuff. And it looks like they did something weird
to get 5 volts to the gauges, cuzz the map light that is somehow tied in is
very dim. I will do more research on the Echlin part IR-2. Correctly
mounting and installing the harness does not look that difficult. Being
un-employed right now gives me lots of time. Thanks again.

Frank