Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel injection

Bruce and list:

First, I'd like a copy of the magazine article you refer to in your
commentary.

Second, there are no vacuum tubes in the Bendix Electrojector that I am aware
of.

The difficulty encountered in tuning the cars was that the transisters were
not silica based and therefore sensitive to changes in ambient temperature
and quickly went out of tune as a reaction to the temp input.

I saw my first injected 300D (which turned out to be an engineering 300C
Turquoise convertible in September 1957 at the San Fernando Drag Strip. Norm
Thatcher had just driven it from the Proving Grounds in Michigan. To this
day, I can remember every detail and every comment Norm made about the car
and his trip.

Sherwood Kahlenberg