Re: [Chrysler300] Question

In a message dated 02/20/2003 7:53:07 PM Central Standard Time,
whuff@xxxx writes:

<< Another thing to check is to rotate the engine with the cap off and make
sure the points open and close. The actual gap is not that critical
just for starting purposes, but should definitely close well and open
completely. If the rubbing block is worn out, it might not be possible
to adjust the points to both open and close on cue. Examine the rotor and
inside the cap for carbon trails or breakage that might cause a
short. Make sure the coil secondary lead is securely into the top of the
distributor. >>

Another thing to check is to be sure that the pivot of the point set is free.
I tried to start my engine when I first got it from a junkyard, and it
wouldn't start even though the points were opening and closing. I found that
the arm was bending! When I freed it up, instrant start!

Joe Savard