Fwd: Re: [Chrysler300] alternative to Mopar Performance electronic distr

Fwd: Re: [Chrysler300] alternative to Mopar Performance electronic distributor kit

Hi Steve,

Just as a thought, the electronic distributors are available on eBay probably on a weekly basis if not more often. They often go for $20-$35. I have purchased a couple off of eBay and have not had a problem yet, the bushings were good and the pickup was too. Just clean, lubricate (adjust the centrifugal weight springs) a little and install.

Mother MOPAR has a kit that mates your car to the distributor. It is "Wiring Harness Kit, Kit to convert to electronic ignition system." Number is MOPP3690152, price $18.95. They also sell the electronic control module, normal duty. Number is MRE505, Regular price: $39.95 sale price: $24.95. I buy most of my new stuff from Mancini Racing, these are their on line pricing, over the phone is more. The only other thing you would need would possibly be an electronic voltage regulator. If you can locate the basic distributor for a reasonable price, the whole shooting match comes up to a lot less than the big $190 conversion kit. They also have a lighter centrifugal weight package for a little performance mod.

Good Luck,

Bill Huff

http://www.manciniracing.com

I looked into the MSD Ready to Run and Mopar units. I choose the Mopar unit
for two reasons: 1. Price Mopar $190; MSD $370 and 2. Shouild I decide to
later I can hook up an MSD box to the Mopar unit but not the MSD unit since
the MSD unit has the internal module.

Steve Galezowski