Re: [Chrysler300] Radio Upgrades

Steve Galezowski wrote:

> I haven't done it myself, but have been thinking about it. I know that
> Ecklers offers the service for corvette radios and they can probably do
> other brands too. You mail them the radio and they mail it back with modern
> circuitry. But as I recall it was quite expensive (which is why I have not
> done it). I think it was around $800.
>
> Steve Galezowski
> 65 300L

I saw and talked with a vender of this service. I also had a chance to see
the guts of the conversion. The "new" radio guts is an in-expensive unit.
The conversion retaining the original buttons must be where the heavy
costs come in to play (I guess). I used to do radio and TV repair work
on the side many years ago. I stayed a little familiar with the industry
for some years. The conversion process usually guts your original radio
leaving mainly just the chassie. The "new" radio guts is then placed inside
the original radio housing. Provisions for changing the tuning method
of the push buttons is also altered I believe.
Has anyone who had this done to their radio ever gotten the old parts back???
-
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6
2 57 300-C's in Indy