Re: [Chrysler300] steering center link - reply

Re: [Chrysler300] steering center link - reply

In a message dated 3/18/2003 9:33:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
crossram@xxxx writes:

> Hi Pat,
>
> Center links are somewhat hard to find NOS or NORS. Best bet, in my
> opinion, is to ship yours off to Rare Parts Inc. in Stockton, CA for a
> full
> rebuild. The turnaround is quick.

I agree, having had one rebuilt there, but you should be aware of the fact
that in rebuilding these center links, they include zerks for greasing it.
The originals did not have any grease fittings, so if you are concerned about
being absolutely concours about your car, be advised. They will do it
without the grease fittings, but then they say they won't guarantee the part.
Just for your information. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it - the
originals didn't have the fittings, and they usually functioned without a
problem for many, many miles. If you aren't planning on putting your car in
for concours judging, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Pete Fitch