From: Robert Merritt [mailto:okbobwynmer@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 1:50 PM
To: Richard W. Tibben
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] coolant leak

Rich, How much space between the heater hoses and clamps to the firewall?
Most heater tubes thru the firewall have a small hole on the bottom side
about an inch from the end of the metal tube. That lets you start the noses
on and bleed the air out of the heater core and then when the air is
expelled and fluid runs from the hole the hoses should be pushed almost to
the firewall and the clamp close enough to the firewall to seal off the
bleed hole when tightened. If your hose and/or clamp isn't close to the
firewall, try loosening the clamp and moving hose and clamp closer and see
if this solves the problem. It only takes a few minutes and sure beats
pulling the heater core out and after checking and not finding any leaks,
THEN noticing the bleed holes.
Okie Bob
"Richard W. Tibben" <tibbmopar@xxxx> wrote:Greetings,
I have a small coolant leak in my 300G that I can't quite figure. I
find the coolant on the firewall. It seems like it might be coming from
the plug in the firewall that is located to the right and just below the
heater box (looking from the front of the car). Before I take it to the
local radiator shop I would like to see if anyone can determine where it is
coming from. Thanks!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For list server instructions, go to

For list server instructions, go to