G Choke and Parking Brake

Good Morning,

Now that I am home and with the car AND the Service Manuals AND the G
Supplement, I am rebuilding the carburetors. The choke pot on the left
side carb (2903S) has the Choke Piston frozen in the open position. I
see the technique for "Indexing the Choke Piston" in Group 14 of the
Service Bulletin for the G. I do not understand exactly what this is
for, and I do not think this can help free the piston. Am I wrong? Have
you ever encountered this? Should I soak it in PB Blaster to try and
free it?

Question 2. What is the recommended thinkness of the brake shoes on the
parking brake? I cannot find this in the manuals and mine look thin
(1/8" max). Based on certain things, this car may have lead a rough life
from time to time (Power slides by locking the parking brake?) prior to
me.

Thanks,

Richard Osborne