Re: [Chrysler300] Rims for a D

Redwoodlse@xxxx wrote:

> You bet it is tough. Years ago trailer manufacturer's started buying up all
> of them they could find for light trailers. Your best bet is to find
> Chrysler, Dodge, DeSoto and maybe Plymouth station wagon rims.. There is a
> trick I learned years ago for measuring rims with tires still on them. Take
> a steel tape measurer and insert through the cooling slots and catch the zero
> end on the lip on the inside and measure to lip on your side. I don't
> remember the inches it is supposed to be on the 6.5 inch wheel as opposed to
> the fastly more numerous 6 x 14 wheels. Measure on one of your known 6.5s
> for the measurement required. It took me 6 months to find the number of
> missing 6.5's my small fleet required. If anybody wants me to measure a
> spare and post the required inches, just ask

> Larry W Jett
> 950 Woodside Road Suite 4
> Redwood City CA 94061
> 650 368 3966

OK, I have actually seen this critter, THERE IS another Mopar 14x6.5 rim, it is
newer then 57-58 timeframe. The way to tell on these particular ones is the
presence of the little nubs to hold dog-dish style hubcaps.
All my 14x6.5 rims have a smooth center section hub, NO little nubs!!

Could these have orginated for the Dodge Trucks?????

as an aside, have actually seen a dog-dish style hubcap with the CHRYSLER
C and 3 crowns logo like the center cup of the steering wheel of the 57
Newyorker. Didnt think The Chrysler line had dog-dish style hub caps!
--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6