G Parking Brake part 2

Good Afternoon,

I just installed the new parking brake shoes (thanks to Pete Fitch for
supplying the NAPA part #TS95). They seem to have a decent amount of
drag now. The service manual says to adjust so that there is a little
drag and then back off until it spins freely. I have the adjuster at the
shoes completely turned in (no more adjustment) and the cable at the
brake pedal is completely free (the nut is backed all the way out).

I did nothing other than clean the brake drum (no turning). Is the drag
for new shoes normal? Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Richard Osborne