Questions

Hey, you transmission weenies out there, I've got a question. The
transmission on my D convertible leaks, nearly a cup a week just sitting in
the garage, until the fluid level gets about a quart and a half low. I'm
getting tired of the mess on the floor, so I'm gonna have it fixed. Now the
question: can the transmission be removed from the car without removing the
engine? Remember, this is a convertible, so it has the massive X-frame
addition to the normal ladder frame. And since I've got your attention, what
lubricant should I use in the D's real axle, given that it is a limited slip
unit? Thanks for whatever help I can get. McTaggart