Re: [Chrysler300] 331 Hemi upgrade

Hi Zak,
The basic horsepower enhancers are more cubic inches, more air flow, and more compression. The old hemi motors respond well to all. More inches are most easily obtained by over boring. This will have the added benefit of raising the compression at the same time. Since you are buying pistons anyway, a little bigger dome will also raise the compression but don't go crazy here, you need to live with today's fuel.Stay at 9.5:1 max. Check to see if your block is drilled through the lifter bores and can use hydraulic lifters. If so, you might want to think about getting a set of current hydraulic roller lifters and use a short duration high lift street roller cam. This will really boost the breathing capability while maintaining drivability. There are several good aluminum intake manifolds available from most manifold manufacturers, Edelbrock, Weiand, etc. Top it off with a 650-750 carb and a big exhaust system and your ready to take on most anything.

From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxx>
To: "Chrysler Club" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] 331 Hemi upgrade
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:22:01 -0700

Hi, This is my first attempt at trying to beef up an engine. So, I thought I'd go the experts. What I'd like to accomplish(I think) is increase the horse power from 250 to around 350 if that is possible and get some more midrange torque at the same time. The engine as it sits is a standard 250 HP out of a 55 Imperial. Any suggestions on an easy way to do this?

Zak