From: Bob Jasinski [mailto:rpjasin@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 9:55 PM
To: chrysler; Frank Bakanau
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Zurk the rear bearings?

Frank and list,

Your question is one of those mysteries of life that I have yet to figure out. Evidently, the rear wheel bearings are intended to be greased when they are installed, and then not serviced again until the axles get pulled and/or rear seals replaced. My '61 is the same way. Why not just have the rear axle lube service the bearings? I don't know, except to say that maybe it is not heavy enough? Zerk fittings would work, but the risk to blowing the seal with a grease gun is considerable.

I would like to hear what others think on this subject.

Bob J