re:Zerk trivia

Wayne says I should pass this on to the group as well.

Wayne,
?????? This reminds me of the story I heard about the saying"it's the real
McCoy" The way it was explained was this;
?????? Back in the early days of the machine tool industry lubrication of the
spindles and associated shafts of the various styles of machine tools was
problematic. Oiling the journals was something you remember to do as you
operated the machine, but if you forgot....what is that hot smell, and
screeching sound I hear? Too late, you just bought a rebuild. Anyway, it
seems that a fella invented and marketed an oiling unit that had an oil
reservoir with a little lever on top attached to a needle valve that you
could shut off the oil flow when you were not running the machine to save
oil. The unit would drip oil at a rate determined by the adjustment? you made
on the oiler. Anyway this was highly successful and caused other
manufacturers to try to copy it, but with less than good results. This
brought about the poor reputation of the wannabees and the touted reputation
of the McCoy Oiler.....hence "The real McCoy".
?????? Not sure of the pertinece of the machine tool story to the 300, but
you need machines fix them right? Loved the Zerk story! Dan Jenks

...."One Nation, UNDER GOD"....(no matter what a crackpot judge says!")

'62 Plymouth Sport Fury
'62 Plymouth Fury wagon
'62 Plymouth Fury 4-dr.
'62 Plymouth Savoy 2-dr