Re: [Chrysler300] 300G California emissions package

Re: [Chrysler300] 300G California emissions package

Bob, Some engines had a Road Draft Tube that went to the valve cover and some went to the Valley Cover. The Draft tube pipe was cut off at an angle so when the car was moving it created suction which sucked the fumes out of the engine into the air.
California required that the engine be sealed by plugging up or removing the Draft tube. Then they put a oil breather cap that had a screen that let air flow through it., Then added a PCV Valve which was hooked to manifold vacuum usually to the carb or under using a spacer with a vacuum pipe to hook a vacuum hose to.. Now the gasses in the engine were sucked out of the engine crank case,
then back into the engine intake, mixed with fresh air and re-burnt.
I don't know if Chrysler had a system at that time. We usually had to by our parts from local parts hoses. Believe me it really helps clean up the inside of your engine. Those were the days that when you removed valve covers and coulden't even see the rockers and valve springsfor the sludge. I'm sure there is a way to put a system on a 300G.
What does a 300 J & K with the Ram engine use? They might have something you can use. Good Luck
Gary Barker