Sqealing belt on generator.

 I had this problem bringing back the "Crime Story" 300C. The movie
people had grounded the field so output was max at all times. Since
car was never driven in production for more than a few minutes at a
time, there was no problem.

Check your wiring for reversed field and Bat wires. Then check that
regulator is polarized properly. The movie guys "de-polarized"
system in my case so the ammeter never showed any charge. I
discovered this after losing a generator in midst of Utah.....and
blowing another in Denver!!! The only clue I had, expost facto, was
all the interior lights were burned out, and the radio was fried. At
70 MPH those generators will put out about 30 volts at some 40 or 50
amps!!!

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL