Re: [Chrysler300] Gas guage problem

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 06:40:01PM -0400, joeypilot@xxxx wrote:
> I too have the same problem~ however; when full mine will read 3/4. When
> grounded, it reads full. 40+ year old cars have a mind of their own.

The sending unit has low resistance when it's full and higher resistance
when it's empty, right? So, if the gauge dosen't ever read all the way full,
but does move as the gas level changes in the tank, maybe the problem
is the wire that runs back to the sending unit. If the connections are
corroded or the insulation has fallen off and oxidized the wire, that would
add resistance and make the gauge read low.

-- Tony tony@xxxx