331 imperial wiring(assuming the same as a C300)

331 imperial wiring(assuming the same as a C300)

This is a question on the dash wiring.
1) with the light switch on park, the speedo lights work on the reostate switch and the gauge lights are on full intensity.
2) With the light switch on(lights), the speedo cluster works on the reostate but the gauges cluster does not light.

This is the same with the key on or off.

The shift and clock lights work with the light switch on park or on lights(on the reostate switch).

I know I'm missing something obvious, but how do I get the gauge cluster(fuel, amps, temp, oil) to illuminate with the lights on.

I have the engine out, and therefore a lot of wires hanging loose. I don't see where this will cause the gauges to not light, but what the heck, what do I know. Any help is appreciated.

Zak