PCV , Breathers and Rams...

My 300K with crossrams has the pcv valve connected to the balance tube
in the rams but also has a nipple on the drivers side air cleaner connecting
it via rubber hose to the breather on the valve cover. Is that part of the
same package? Was it added later?

It's a california car and the window sticker shows sales code 616 Positive
Crankcase Vent System $5.10

Mike Laiserin