Chrome piece upper corner of grille 63 & 64? Removal method

Chrome piece upper corner of grille 63 & 64? Removal method

Hello again, I have a dilemma with the method for removing the upper corner
chrome grille surround pieces on my 64 300K. There seems to be some nuts or
something holding the "L" shaped pieces to the body. Having had a fresh paint
job, the young man doing the putting together of the car does not want to pry on
them. There does not seem to be a way to get at the back side of these pieces,
and they need to be removed in order to install the grille. I remember that
my 64 Chrysler Crown had an access panel in the front of the inner wheel well.
I had to take off the leading chrome piece on the fender on that car. I was
curious if any one of you had ever had the experience of taking these off, and
what was the method? Thanks, Greg