Re: [Chrysler300] 300F smog test

Was this required by law? Give me a break, our cars (and others below early 70's) aren't driven enough to kill any birds. Gotta thank the tree hugging environmental waco's for this one. Out here, nothing tested (yet) prior to '71.

Dave Moore
Connecticut, where we make sure car emissions don't kill any birds. But we allow our citizens to operate "torpedoes" and drive 90 on our highways, lose a ball joint or half-shaft, fly over the median and hit a family of 5 head-on. You guess the rest.

dan300f@xxxx wrote:
Hi all:

If any of you are interested, out of curiosity, I took my 300F down and got
it "smogged." Below is a comparison of the results as compared with my '76
NYer with the emission controlled 440. The tester said the F tested very good
considering what was under the hood and that it had no emission controls on it.

15 mph '76 NYer 300F
%CO2 13.6 12.2
%O2 2.0 1.2
HC (PPM)
Allowed 175
Measured 36 153
%CO
Allowed 1.17
Measured 0.03 1.50
NOX (PPM)
Allowed 1215
Measured 223 1465

15 mph '76 NYer 300F
%CO2 13.5 12.6
%O2 2.0 0.9
HC (PPM)
Allowed 142
Measured 34 138
%CO
Allowed 0.97
Measured 0.02 2.10
NOX (PPM)
Allowed 1075
Measured 279 1156

Just FYI. Hope the columns line up when received. In AOL they sometimes do
not.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT