early history help re 57C 1046

Thank you to Gil Cunningham and others for help, and offers of trying to track down the Turskeys in Fond Du Lac where they apparently had a business of some sorts, and if they raced cars and bikes some locals may still know of them (hopefully?).

1. What does the club know about apparent former member and considerable 300 collector/owner Carl Reirson of Chicago, and do any current members remember visiting him, his cars, in the late 70s early 80s, at which time he likely owned 1046?

2. No one has contacted me re the earlier 300 that Turskeys supercharged - does anyone know if this car exists, or is there any way of tracing it back then/since - ie how might one find out what number it was? I would be happy to pass on what little detail I have re this 300 from the paperwork I have re it's brief supoercharger form.

Once again thank you, and look forward to any other small bits of information, guidance in any direction. It seems weird that 1046 started it's supercharged life in St Nazianz Wisconsin, with a population of about only 750 people, to now end up far away in South Australia, a vast continent with huge spaces of so few people. I am very glad to be the current 'caretaker' of it, and after I die no doubt it's strange story will continue with a new (possibly as strange) chapter?.

I note your mentions re smog testing - here in South Australia all we have to pass re this is a noise level test. So whereas we are lucky here, just think about our gas prices - roughly $4 a US gallon, and our roads are pretty second rate except for odd interstate sections that are 4 lane.

all the best over there, have a good weekend, our forecast is for cold wind and rain.

aussie christopher

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get larger attachments - send/receive up to 3MB attachments (up to three times more per e-mail). Click here http://join.msn.com/