3.08 or 3.07 rear axle gears for 56 300 b

3.08 or 3.07 rear axle gears for 56 300 b

Again I am posting a request for any tips on leading me to a 3.08 or .07(some folks say) ring and pinion for a 56 300 B.

This ratio typically was factory installed only on Torqueflight/Imperials that were sold in the flatlands of America.

If no success I will probably switch entire rear axle assembly to a 57(which these gears are easily acquired for).

Any problems that I should be aware of here(except point deduction at Chrysler 300 meets which I can live with)?

Anyone know what is different between 56 and 57 pumpkin that precludes using 57 gear in a 56 rear end?

Car is currently equipped with a 3.54 which makes lifters sound like swapping holes at 70 mph. Yes I am aware that some will say that this is a happy sound but on a long drive it is getting harder for my old ears to hear Rush on the radio.

Check those old Imperial rear ends out there.

Thanks for any help
Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif