Re: [Chrysler300] new 300C - yes, please go and tell them

Re: [Chrysler300] new 300C - yes, please go and tell them

In a message dated 9/26/03 9:37:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rpjasin@xxxx writes:

> It will be interesting to see how the public reacts to the car. I'm
> anxious to see one in person to really develop an overall opinion. I remember when
> the Dodge Ram trucks came out in '93. Many die-hard MoPar fans did not like
> the styling and called it ugly. over time it became so popular that Ford
> and Chevy have had to work hard to keep up, taking styling cues from the Ram.

I personally can't imagine any Mopar lover who didn't immediately fall in
love with the 1994 Ram. Whether the new 300 sells will depend on the acceptance
of styling and pricing.
Consumers have a lot of choices and the old die-hard Chrysler lovers are
dying off as a result of the German marketing ideas.
We will have to wait and see. One thing for sure, If it was still the old
Chrysler Corporation we wouldn't have reason to be concerned. We would have
already had the 300Hemi C Convertible which was undoubtedly one of the best
designs for public appeal and acceptance. However, Mercedes management mentality
does not give the public what they want, they give them what they dictate.
Because it's a free world they are losing their asses in the American market.
Don't believe me, look at their dictator brands, like the Pacifica, the
Sprinter, and the G-500. No one in North America wants them but they continue to
force them on the dealers. Poor dealers can't complain for fear of silent
reprocutions. It's a mess!
Plymouth was the American brand. It's gone and Chrysler nameplate was
degraded to fill the gap and now all of a sudden Chrysler is being upscaled because
that didn't work. Up scale means higher prices. Maybe they think that getting
a Chrysler price in to the Mercedes range will increase Mercedes sales.
Whatever they think they are just plain NUTS!