300C report from Chicago

In real life the car is not too bad. It is coming in three versions,
2.7 L., 3.5 L. and 300 C Hemi 5.7 L. There is fuzzy logic as to name
designation, but remember: to the great unwashed, no one understands
what "300" meant; it is what "300M" did in sales that they (D-C) are
counting on. Super-charged Magnum wagon will be the racer of the two
cars. There were some 10 300 Letter people present; I wish I had
brought one of the C convertibles, but it would have up-staged the
show and put the presenters in an unusual place.

When the '79 melt-down at Chrysler was happening, the quote of the
day was "...you can't get a happy fart from a sad ass..." That tone
is clearly evident from the demeanor of the promotional team present.

>From their presentation perspective, I suggested they better had
named project "AIRFLOW"; the styling, the body re-engineering and
rear wheel drive "big car" return would have better fit the history.

This hybridized Mercedes-Chrysler might be as signifigant a stand as
the "K" car was for Iacocca in '80. Sadly, one could only think of
Avanti at Studebaker, and the '57 Packards with blowers (coupe and
wagon) that signaled the end of the two other American giants of the
past. (..and also involved Mercedes!!!)

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst, IL