From: "paul holmgren" <paulholm@xxxx>
To: "langendorfer" <langendorfer@xxxx>
Cc: "ROBERT MOORE" <bobmooreglendaleaz@xxxx>;
<Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Intake

langendorfer wrote:

> Bob:

> There was an option in 1962 that you could get on Dodges (and maybe
> Plymouths) that was a low block 383 with 343 Horsepower that had the
in-line
> 2X4 setup, which is what your manifold checks out as coming from, based on
> the casting number.

> It was a rare combination (a friend of mine had one in a 62 Polara
> Convert around 1970) and was a perpetual class winner at the drags as it
> provided a better package than virtually anything else in its class (E or
> stock, maybe - It's been a long time!)

> There was also a famous 1962 Dodge Station Wagon called "Behemoth" that
ran
> this combination quite successfully in the 1960s.

> Keith

WHERE was this allowed to Run In "Stock" class???

NHRA and IHRA ( mid 70's )
They took one look under the hood of my 300-C and Automaticlly I was placed
in
SuperStock. There was No convincing the track folks that the car was Stone
stock, No Optional under the hood treatments.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6

For list server instructions, go to