Re: [Chrysler300] How did the 300 B turn 139 MPH at Daytona

Re: [Chrysler300] How did the 300 B turn 139 MPH at Daytona

I have enjoyed the question and responses. My RV has similar aerodynamics and my observation is that wind velocity and direction have a significant effect. Time of day and resultant variance of ambient temperature would also have an impact on the free air capacity of the hemi.

Rich Barber

Roger Schaaf wrote:

I believe that the car that turned 139 plus had several also rans 300 B's
that turned around 130 to 135. To get that additional 5 to 10 mph from the
slowest to the fastest would require a tremendous additional power in these
non-streamlined cars.

What do you all suppose the fastest car had done that gave him this edge and
still remain factory stock.

Exhaust?, rear gearing?, motor blueprinting? cast iron cahones?, super
tuning of what sorts?, perhaps heaven forbid! some very clever cheating(naw
these Nascar, Daytona, Grand National heroes would never think of
this--sorry I lost my head).

Anyone with any ideas, let us all know what you think.

Somewhere out there(perhaps in the great beyond however) someone knows these
almost 50 year old secrets.

Roger Schaaf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Owen & Jo Grigg" <ram300@xxxx>