letter cars doing 135

Club, I have to jump into the mix on the speed of the B . I owned an E in 1960 and had the car reach 135 MPH, (SPEEDO) on many occasions . I also did a great deal of racing in my younger years . There were if they even existed dam few cars that would go by a letter car . That's a fact both on and off the track. I only was able to bottom out on the highway because in Canada we only had oval 1/2 mile tracks at the time . Bear in mind folks that a 10 degree difference in temperature means a 2% increase in power and these rigs ran the best early in the morning when it was cold , it also was important to have the old 100 octane and of course , you can bet your bottom dollar , those carbs were tuned by a pro to make certain that they were just on the edge of lean to get the maximum out of that can before it leaned out. You can also bet that the advance was not the same degrees that you would have bought across the counter . They ran those speeds and for many years , that is not smoke being blown in your ear that is a fact. There may have been the odd car go by the letter cars but if they did , when you removed the heads.. gee what a surprise you always found some extra work done.. just ask the folks at Buick....they got caught

Cheers
Meisner 300-E
Canada