RE: [Chrysler300] Suspension Clean Up

Dissassemble the car parts and clean them off to see if they were originally painted and what color. You will probably find that most of the parts were dipped in black laquer and thinner and have a semi gloss look. (Some of the original paint splotches may still be found in the event you are wanting to reproduce those)

For the painted parts powder coat or paint. If you paint, use a good primer first and clean out any machined surfaces with either method (paint or powder coat). Anything that was originally left bare steel like the lower balljoints and control arms can be painted to appear like bare steel or left as they were originally with nothing to protect them from corrosion but dirt, grease, and road grime. Clear coating can work but looks bad if it chips and really doesn't look right at all.

Best not to mess with the torsion bars at all unless the finish is damaged.

I'm sure others will have much more to add.

Good Luck.

Ryan Hill (Vancouver)

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca