Crankcase venilation on C-300 and 300 B ???

Crankcase venilation on C-300 and 300 B ???

Ok, I have recieved several replies saying that a spacer plate
between the carb and intake manifold was used to add a PCV setup
to some 50's cars.

BIG QUESTION!! I seem to recall very minimal space under the hood
of my 57 NewYorker AND my 300 between the top of the aircleaner and
the hood. IF this was/is the case, wouldnt this spacer have used up
what little remaining gap was left here?

I know I poked the hood of the NY with the stud on the carb when I had
a bad motor mount, and that elephant moved more with the hood up
then when down.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6