[Chrysler300] KYB rear shocks for "K"

Somewhere in the annals of 300 Club News, Dr Crankshaft of Tim Buck II Garage recommends finding the oldest listing for KYB gas shocks in the KYB catalog for a New Yorker and using that part number for 300's. So I found the KYB rear listing for a 65 New Yorker, KG 5512, and ordered a set.

Then I read on the Imperial website that KG 5511 is the best rear shock for 60's Imperials and Chryslers. I emailed KYB Tech Support and asked them the difference between 5511 and 5512. Here is their reply:

"KG5512 is 1 inch longer, upper mount is a E2(12.8x41.3)
KG5511 upper mount is E1-L/E"

So....I'm glad I didn't install the 5512's yet. Should they stay or should I exchange them for 5511. I am looking for good handling with original ride height. These are for our "K". And would your recommendation hold for a "G"?

300'ly,

Rick Ehrmann

Give the gift of life to a sick child.