Re: [Chrysler300] Survivor Question.

Pete,
    Mopsy already has been to Barrett-Jackson.  I have the window sticker,
bill of sale to Henry Hopkins and the "Daimler-Chrysler presents
Barrett-Jackson" key chain to prove it. The best gestimate I have now is
that I'm a little over $90K not including the value of MY TIME, ENERGY &
EMOTION in the car (any tort attorney will definitely attest to value here).
This summer I was at O'Reilly's on a Saturday night getting a rubber wire
grommet for the radiator support bracket (To cover the metal one already in
place...OK Gil?) with the hood up.  I stepped out to find a bling-blinging
bombshell with a late model Mercedes convertible getting a halogen bulb
replaced on her Benz.  While the O'Reilly's guy was trying to figure out how
to get the bulb in place she saunters over to where I'm under the hood with
the rubber grommet.  She leans over and asks about the car and wants to know
if I'll let her take it for a spin!! YEAH SURE and my name is JOE DIMAGGIO.
Of course the halter top with the anatomy hanging over the fender didn't
distract me as much as the diamond pendant approaching my front fender
paint!  She liked the air cleaners on Mopsy and I let that response pass
because all I could think of was scratched paint!  I kindly asked her to
back away from the car.  I guess she wasn't used to being rebuffed that way
and asked why?  I stated that this was a very valuable automobile and that
she wasn't insured to drive her and that I was the only person that I
trusted to drive her.  So the question next was with a glance toward the
Benz...how valuable is this old car?  Smiling I said about the cost of your
drop top Benz when new and another $20K!!  Well that impressed her which
spoke volumes for why I wasn't the least bit impressed with her!  We owners
of BEAUTIFUL BRUTES are classy aren't we?  300'ly,  ROB KERN