RE: [Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

RE: [Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

I was an insurance broker in California for many years.  We have had a
mandatory insurance law for quite awhile.  You should have no operational
vehicles insured for comp. only, no liability & no collision as there is no
risk of collision or liability.  You do want comprehensive coverage for fire
and theft.  Those are risks you run in owning any vehicle including one that
does not go down the road.  You do not need to present your registration for
vehicles that are not insured for liability and collision.

Your registration could be held up if they DO NOT contact the state in a
timely manner.  It is a service that they are providing for you.  They are
being pro-active and that saves you headache and it saves then headache to
do it at renewal.  They just kick out of their computer insurance cards that
go to the state and into your glove box at renewal.  The reason they want a
copy of your registration is to ensure that the VIN is correct.  It is quite
easy to get a VIN wrong on an insurance card and then the state rejects it.

You are not giving either any information that they don't already have.
Both have your car's VIN and description, and your name and address on file.
Jennifer Allyn