[Chrysler300] 300G and new member....

Hello, I am John Lyons....the 'ass in the seat'...if you will.  I am
also the chairman of the Hartford (CT) Concours d'Elegance.  This
year we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Chrysler letter
cars.  I am very hopeful that many of you will bring your cars and/or
help judge the event.  We are expecting 250 cars and hope to have one
example of every letter car at the show!  The web site is
www.hartfordconcours.com.  I just received access to the server and
have truly enjoyed getting to know the club through the posts.
Several people have commented that one should actually JOIN the club
before buying the car.  Point well taken....I could not agree
more...now!  John H related my feelings to a T in one of his notes:
I feel I was an ass in the way I handled the purchase of the car....
I am the fortunate owner of the infamous Dr(?) Marvin Friedmans
300G.  Unfortunately the car was somewhat misrepresented on Ebay and
my knowledge of the cars is so limited that I fell for it.  I am not
even going to mention the fact that the beautiful white one from
Florida was on at the same time and for a competitive
price......ugh!  My restorer has spent the last several weeks
returning the car to the Ebay ad-represented condition.  For those of
you watching closely, the good Dr has another 300 on Ebay (a '63 300)
that he is asking the measly sum of $38K for.  I guess he feels that
the Barrett Jackson nonsense will carry over to his non-letter '63.
A couple of notes for those who may care about his selling tactics:
1)  He takes pictures that conveniently miss slight parts of the
car.  On mine he skillfully avoided the dash pad.  The dash was in
bad shape.  He also touched up a couple of nicks in the paint with
his photo editor...although the paint is generally quite good on my
car.  2) He claims to have a history with the car that is not real or
frankly, relevant.  3)  He claims parts are restored and working that
he has no clue about that.  I got lucky on mine as the AC does work
but the fan was shot. 4) He lists private auctions.  5) He has so
many where-is as-is disclaimers on the ads it almost takes up 50% of
the ad space!!!   As for the mileage, my restoration guy tells me he
thinks it is accurate.  The car was not properly stored in the past,
and had a bad '80's cosmetic restoration done to it with all of the
very stylish (for the time) chrome hoses and whatnot, but he thinks
it is original...as for me, I don't know.  The title and paperwork
that came with the car stated the mileage as original.  Ultimate
message...buyer beware....!  After owning that car for four weeks, I
purchased three more.......well, I actually was looking for a stick
to begin with and the gentleman selling the stick was selling two
automatics as well (package deal only).  So four weeks after
purchasing the red auto, I decided to sell it.  I have always
preferred stick automobiles and the chance to have a stick G was too
much to resist.  To pay for the restoration of the stick, the red one
must go.  The restoration will definably be documented on my show web
site and I am close to a deal with a major auto magazine to run a
four part restoration story commencing with their May issue and
concluding with their August issue (On newsstands July 1) just in
time for the show.  I will put the word out when (and if) we get the
deal done!  Thanks for the kind greetings and welcomes I have
received from many of you.  I am looking forward to meeting you and
seeing your great cars!!!

Give the gift of life to a sick child.