Re: [Chrysler300] temp gauge sender question

Re: [Chrysler300] temp gauge sender question

John and All

I did not see as of yet any response from the more knowledgeable re: your
quest for info on temp senders.

For example the difference between 57 to 59 and 60 to 63 I sell is the ohms
it pulls as it heats up. When cold the ohms is low.
When at temp it pulls more. When hot it pulls more. The net effect the ohms
is what makes the temp needle move based on the temp.
If the mfg changes the gauge then they have to change the ohm draw to
correspond.
That is my simplistic answer. Maybe some with more knowledge can add to
that or correct me.
I do know the senders I stock have different ohm ratings.

Gary

At 06:27 PM 03/11/2005 -0500, John J. Hertog wrote:

>Hi to all,
>
>Could someone please shed some light on the following for me ?
>
>1960 parts book lists only one temperature gauge SENDER - p/n 2084459
>
>1961 and 62 parts books list two senders
>p/n 2240744 for King Seeley and Auto-Lite
>p/n 2256302 for Stewart-Warner
>
>What gives?  I am confused.  Hoping that Greg Leggatt or Jeff Carter will
>be able to explain.  What's the difference between all these
>senders?  Will some of them not work with certain make gauges?  Aye, my
>brain hurts.  Shouldn't the temp sender be the same for all 1960, 1961 and
>1962 Chryslers with the Astradome ?
>
>John Hertog
>Sag Harbor NY

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx