Re: [Chrysler300] 300G: Noises while idling in drive only with foot on b

Re: [Chrysler300] 300G: Noises while idling in drive only with foot on brake.

I have this noise or one similar to it on my 300F. i
have also heard from others on the list that it is
caused by the Exhaust pipe being too close to the
torsion bar. Do you have an exhaust system from Eileen
Brass?

Paul
300F
Vancouver BC
--- Brandt Jimerson <brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello 300ly to all!!  I am a little concerned (but
> not terribly, or
> should I be?) regarding a light 'scraping and
> swirling' noise heard
> from up front and maybe kind of below. I am driving
> the car and I
> come to a stop and hear that particular noise but
> when I shift into
> nuetral, it stops. When I shift back to drive ( with
> foot on brake),
> I hear it again. However, I still here it after
> taking foot off brake
> and begin moving foreward without giving it gas
> until I'm rolling
> along (of course), too fast to hear it ( other,
> regular noises then,
> take over).  Any suggestions? Is this normal!?  I
> have a theory on it
> and I believe it could be torque converter related.
> However, if not
> that the problem could simply be the 12" file tool
> that I carefully
> wedged between the shaft and counterweight assembly
> of the passenger
> side heat riser. I did that so it wouldn't rattle
> and make noise and
> didn't want to use the correct solvent spray for it,
> since it will
> mess up the paint on my exhaust manifold that Jeff
> Carter of JC Auto
> carefully did! I really don't feel that that's the
> problem ('cause
> I'll feel pretty stupid if that was it, and all I
> would have to of
> done, was just simply take it out and not waste my
> time writing this
> and YOURS!! (HA, HA). At any rate, your suggestions
> are appreciated.
> Sincerely and 300ly, Brandt H. Jimerson, 300 G, San
> Diego area, CA.

> Give the gift of life to a sick child.
> Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
> 'Thanks & Giving.'

'Thanks & Giving.'