[Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 letter series video documentary project

[Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 letter series video documentary project

A couple of weeks back, Rich Barber and Larry Jett suggested that it would be nice to have someone document the fall meet in Reno, NV as there were expected to be quite a few cars there and the scenery should make a great backdrop for the filming.  Larry suggested that someone in the club might want to take it on as a project.  My son has a video production company and is presently producing hunting videos that are running on Fox Sports Midwest and the Men's Channel as well as a couple of local TV stations here in the midwest.  He expressed interest in pursuing the project so we contacted Larry and told him of our ideas and with his help, we have received approval from the club's board of directors to move ahead with the project.  Since the club is not in the business of producing TV shows, we decided not to ask for any money for the production of the project.  My son, Aaron, and I will be funding the project and working on it together with, hopefully, the help of as many club members as possible.  As far as I know, there has never been another project that covers this much scope on the Chrysler 300 letter cars so this should prove to be very interesting.

Our plan is as follows: We will be producing a full-length feature film documenting the Chrysler 300 letter series, its history and the people who continue to keep the legacy alive through restoring the cars and driving them.  The plan is to attend the spring meet in Detroit, the All-Chrysler Nationals meet in Carlisle and the fall meet in Reno to conduct interviews with owners and film the cars.  That way, we hope to get the maximum number of interesting stories as well as allow the largest number of members to participate.  We will be putting together questionnaires for those interested in interviewing ahead of the filming and making up an appointment schedule for each of the meets so things flow as smoothly as possible.  We also want to talk to people who may have been involved with production and current restoration of the letter cars and get their stories of what life was like in the factories and design studios of that day from a Chrysler 300 perspective.

Anyone interested in giving us an interview and/or allowing us to film your car during any of these three events is encouraged to send me an email at: dcoston@xxxxxxxxxxx .  We hope to have some idea of how many people are interested before we head off to the events.  The plan is to have the show done in time for Christmas 2005 so we can offer the DVD's for sale to club members at that time.  We also hope to possibly interest Daimler-Chrysler in participating by allowing us to use archival footage and do some shots at the WP Chrysler Museum during the spring meet.  It would be great to be able to provide an edited version of the show to a firm who might want to run it on Speedvision or elsewhere but we'll cross that bridge later.  I'd also like to hear from anyone who has connections to help us get to the right people at Daimler Chrysler.  We really appreciate your help and "look forward" to hearing your stories.

David Coston
309 Daras Drive
Carmi, IL  62821
phone/fax: 618-382-2280