Re: [Chrysler300] Stuff NAPA had then that they don't have now

Re: [Chrysler300] Stuff NAPA had then that they don't have now

Hello 300'ly to all!
    As part of the mission statement of the 300 Club International is the
promotion of the 300 Letter cars.  I interpret this as a vow to kindly
enlighten those who we come in contact with our 300s about their
significance. I love cars but wouldn't know squat about the nuances of a '39
LaSalle or for that matter any vehicle that was of that era.  However I
would like to be respected when querying about these vehicles and not be
derided or treated in a derogatory manner due to my ignorance of their
significance.  I would not ever consider this approach when some young
person who probably never played a record player would ask me about my C.  I
would take it as an opportunity to shine on the merits of these cars.  Over
the past 25 months I have obtained parts from 4 countries and 34 states for
my Mopsy (my C).  The most enjoyable aspect was being able to converse about
the significance of this vehicle and my love and enthusiasm for it.  Many
people hadn't heard of a 300 C during this journey, but for sure they
learned from me in a very patient and positive manner and had fun too.  Some
of these folks even GAVE ME the parts or service just to have been part of
the experience. Being mean to someone over your beloved car is analogous to
Babe Ruth's comment about suing baseball....kid it's like suing the church!
It was very refreshing this summer after getting some parts for my C from
O'Reilly's to have a high-schooler with a primered 327-milled Chevy pick-up
come screetching across the parking lot and climb out with his pony-tailed
little girl friend to inquire about my C.  To my surprise he knew about the
letter cars and the girl wanted to see the 392 hemi!  They heard about it
from the D.C. release articles for the new Hemi-C and were inspired.  So
lets think about education and being positive.  More can be gleaned with
honey than excrement.  ROB KERN