[Chrysler300] Yellow 300- L in Byron, CA

[Chrysler300] Yellow 300- L in Byron, CA

Russ:

As noted, VIN is C453217076.  Delivered to George C. Warner Motors, 1071
Soscal (Soscol) Ave, Napa, CA.  I have copied details of the window
sticker, including item codes and prices .  Torqueflite, Power bucket
seat-LH, P/W, P Vent W, R/W defogger, Goldentone radio, AM-rear spkr,
Retr seat belts-F Remote outside RVM-LH, glareproof inside RVM, tinted
windshield, undercoat and underhood pad, closed crankcase vent, 855-14
rayon WSW.  Total incl $185 dest. $4,831.80.  I found it interesting
that the price is only up $700 or so from the 1955 C-300.  Of course it
only has a single four barrel carb.

Fender Tag
99229                  7
99 551356  884 3 791
223 12045 C42 P4L SS1

1965 California plate NEM 713

Current Owner Max Harrington (??)  since 8/16/67 ownership/ sales agent
still unclear.  I talked to the man in possession briefly, but he left
with others on another deal.  I will try to chase him down tomorrow.
Engine rebuilt 1990, front seat redone 1991, clock rebuilt, glove box
restored, elec window lifts restored, trunk restored 1992,  Interior
door panels cleaned & sealed, minor body work, rear bumper rechromed,
wheel covers restored and polished, engine compartment decals and rubber
replaced from Gary Goers, front susp rebuilt 1994, rebuilt alternator,
p/St, starter, shocks 1994, headliner & front brake cyls

This restoration and repair work suggests the 43,867 miles on the clock
may be second time around.  Car, tin & trim look pretty good.  Underhood
is sanitary.

Any other info desired , please advise.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA 94513
1955 C-300

Russ Vaughan wrote:

> Hi Rich,  I'm not interested in the car, but I do some VIN checking
> with the club. This looks like a car we don't have in our records, but
> is missing the last digit in the VIN .  We have 216771 and then 217097
> (last six digits),  any number filling in the last digit of  21706?
> would be new to us. Anything more you can find out would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks Much
>
> Russ Vaughan
>
> Rich Barber wrote:
>
>     I spotted a nice 1965 Chrysler 300-L with a for sale sign in it in
>     nearby Byron, CA (Bay Area) this afternoon.  Same owner 31 years, 44K
>     miles, Yellow with gold buckets.  VIN C45321706  Has black CA
>     plates and
>     original window sticker (Delivered to nearby NAPA, CA).  No air.
>     Price
>     $16,000 firm.  I could not find a phone number but if anyone is
>     interested, I'll go back and go up to the door and get some more
>     info.
>     Sheet metal, glass, interior and trim looked good, but paint was
>     dull.
>     Probably would buff up ok.
>
>     Rich Barber
>     Brentwood, CA 94513