From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 4:42 PM
To: Gary Barker; macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; listserver 300
club; Ron Stewart
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] tranney fluid

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I beg to disagree, but the Dexron is NOT the type of
transmission fluid
you want to use in the torqueflite transmission of the 300
letter cars.
There are additives that will greatly reduce seal life and
cause major
transmission malfunction in about 5000 miles of use. Please
consult George
Riehl or Gary Nelson regarding this.  Ford transmission
fluid IS the correct
type F to use.  It is blended in different sections of the
country.  This
past year I went through this exercise and found out that
type A is
virtually non-existent and there are mixed blends but type F
can be
obtained.  ROB KERN