[Chrysler300] Warning Story coming

When I got my first Hemy 1953 NY about 1959. I had been running Flat head fords tell then.(Not stock)and using Quaker State Oil because I thought paraffin based oil was better than asphalt.I put the Hemy on it, and it clattered on start.Put pens oil in it and cured the problem.This was straight oil no detergent, Because of the clearance between piston rings and cylinder wall I wanted oil not soap suds.Did not run any detergent until about 1965 in aneything.Then decided the benefits out way the draw backs and went with soap.The Hemy was designed before detergent oil was on the market and were designed to run with a certain amount of sludqe.They also had a bypass on the filter for when it would plug or collepse.I also learned that you don't mix brands of oil (another story) the oil will blend but sometimes the additives wont.Pens is not the best on the market, That award goes to Kendall But its hard to find, pricey .and never goes on sale.Find a brand you like and like  and stick with it. If i was still running a old Hemy I think i would run straight oil with one quart of high detergent (same brand).  Build a little varnish and sludge and your leeks will stop the clatter will stop and it will run like a clock.Jim McMullan 300 F and many others.

James McMullan
macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

'Thanks & Giving.'