Re: [Chrysler300] Stuff NAPA had then that they don't have now

Re: [Chrysler300] Stuff NAPA had then that they don't have now

> Went to two NAPA stores today to try to get replacement  16inch wiper
refils
> for my '64K - no luck - and they couldn't find their "vintage book" for
> wipers...
>
> Does anyone know what part number would be correct, or even an alternative
> supplier source for these? They would be refills for the stainless Anco
> blades that use the red button to remove the wiper refill.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Your wiper blades have probably been changed from what was OE on your car.
Maybe not but a retrofit blade assembly will be readily available. This will
cost more than a refill of course.

A refill may or may not be readily available for the blade assemblies on
your car but only with the blade assembly in hand cold anyone give you any
correct part number. I have changed out my own blade assemblies on some of
my vehicles vehicles just so I could source refills easily in the future.
Always keep the originals I take off though due to pack-rat habits.

We stock and use wiper refills that have a plastic backer let's call it. We
cut the things off and then custom fit an 18" refill to fit a 16" or
whatever and the cost is reasonable. Trick here is to match the blade clips
to the wiper refill and there are some different widths etc that can
complicate things. Counter person will need blades to accomplish task as
looking up an application in most cases is a waste of time and at least
frustrating.  Done right and the rubber wiper will stay put and not slide
out and let the metal blade scratch the windshield..

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

Give the gift of life to a sick child.